Certificate in Vocational Nursing
Successful completion of the program of studies allows the student to become eligible to take the State Board Examination for Licensed Vocational Nurse (NCLEX).
|VNRS 150||Fundamentals of Nursing||3|
|VNRS 151L||Fundamentals of Nursing Lab||3|
|VNRS 152||Pharmacology I||1|
|VNRS 153||Introductory Nutrition for the Vocational Nurse||1|
|VNRS 154||Body Structure Function for the Vocational Nurse I||1.5|
|VNRS 155||Social Psychology for the Vocational Nurse||1|
|VNRS 160||Medical - Surgical Nursing I||3|
|VNRS 161L||Medical - Surgical Nursing I Lab||3|
|VNRS 162||Pharmacology II||1|
|VNRS 163||Diet Therapy for the Vocational Nurse||1|
|VNRS 164||Body Structure and Function for the Vocational Nurse II||1.5|
|VNRS 165||Adult Growth and Development for the Vocational Nurse||1|
|VNRS 170||Medical-Surgical Nursing II||7|
|VNRS 171L||Medical-Surgical Nursing II Lab||7|
|VNRS 172||Advanced Pharmacology||2|
|VNRS 173||Psychology for Vocational Nurses||2|
|VNRS 180||Pediatric Nursing||3.5|
|VNRS 181||Growth and Development: Infancy-Adolescence||1|
|VNRS 182||Obstetrical-Gynecological Nursing||4|
|VNRS 183||Leadership in Nursing||3|
Certificate of Achievement Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Vocational Nursing Certificate of Achievement will:
- Use correct medical terminology and nomenclature, in the correct context, in order to effectively communicate health/medical information and concepts to others.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform accurate calculations of intake and output, drug dosages, and IV rates.
- Develop problem-solving and self-assessment skills and make appropriate decisions regarding a variety of procedural situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with patients and work effectively as a member of the health care team.
- Develop the ability to use and adapt to current technologies used in the healthcare setting.
- Provide patient care that falls within the scope of practice as set forth by the BVNPT (Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians).