Certificate in Audio Recording Technology
This is a one year audio recording program intended to teach you the basics of how to engineer any kind of music, from hip-hop to classical to movie scenes.
|REC 105||Fundamentals of Audio Technology||4|
|REC 115||Recording Studio Workshop I||4|
|REC 125||Digital Audio Technology I||3|
|REC 135||Live Sound Reinforcement||4|
|REC 145||Critical Listening Skills for Engineers||3|
|REC 205||Advanced Audio Technology||4|
|REC 215||Recording Studio Workshop II||4|
|REC 225||Digital Audio Technology II||4|
|REC 235||Acoustics for Engineers||3|
|REC 245||Music Business/ Audio Careers||3|
Certificate of Achievement Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Audio Recording Technology Certificate of Achievement will:
- Communicate effectively using proper vocabulary in written and verbal form to facilitate the technical and creative outcomes of a product.
- Apply acoustic concepts and mathematical formulas to demonstrate understanding of wave theory, room acoustics, materials, and microphone and speaker placement.
- Demonstrate understanding of the fundamental principles of audio through developing critical thinking, decision-making and problem solving skills by applying them to the studio, post-production and live sound environments.
- Develop interpersonal skills, empathy, and respect for others by completing team projects in order to gain key skills expected of professionals in the field.
- Demonstrate advanced computer competency by completing production assignments utilizing software- based production and editing systems.
- Understand the technical, creative and interpersonal skills required by the entertainment industry through demonstrating thorough knowledge of digital audio workstations and all audio hardware as appropriate to each course.