The Esthetician Program, a career technical program, provides students with the fundamental skills and knowledge related to healthy skin care:
- theoretical science,
- sanitation and disinfecting procedures,
- beautification of the skin,
- the safe employment of electrical modalities,
- make-up techniques, and
- cosmetic hair removal techniques.
Courses lead to an associate of science degree or a certificate of achievement. The program leads to an entry-level career as an esthetician. Upon completion of the coursework, students are qualified to take the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology examination to become a licensed esthetician.
Also see the cosmetology discipline page for cosmetology programs of study and coursework.
- Career, Technical and Continuing Education
- Dr. Rocky Cifone
- Administrative Secretary
- Lois Bottari
- Division Office
- TE 147
- Division Phone Number
- Discipline Website
This discipline prepares students to do the following:
- Understand the components of creating a professional atmosphere.
- Develop confidence, proficiency and appreciation for the specialized knowledge required for a lucrative career within a professional environment.
- Recognize facial treatment philosophies.
- Master the art of makeup design and hair removal to ensure success in the industry.
- Successfully complete 600 hours and pass the California State Board exams.