A Guide to Understanding the Course Descriptions
- Subject and subject code.
- Course number -- The course numbering system distinguishes between courses that are degree applicable and those that are not.
- Units from courses numbered 001-099 are appropriate for financial aid and athletic eligibility, but may not be applied toward the units required for a degree.
- Units from credit courses numbered greater than 100 may apply toward the associate degree.
- Non-credit courses (indicated with an NC department designation) are not applicable for financial aid or athletic eligibility and may not be applied towards a degree or any certificate except a certificate of completion.
- The units of credit that can be earned during a semester.
- The number of lecture and lab hours per semester or session.
- If both Pass/No Pass and Standard Letter options are given, the student can choose to take the course to receive a pass/no pass grade instead of a letter grade.
- Course or condition that must be met to enroll in class. A "co-requisite" or "concurrent enrollment" course must be taken at the same time as the desired course.
- Course description.
- Indicates if course is degree applicable (AA/AS), transferable to the California State University or the University of California (CSU, UC), and/or applicable to General Education (GE) requirements. For more information on GE approved courses, see Graduation Requirements page. To verify the transfer policies of other colleges and universities, consult a counselor.
- Courses with equivalent course content. Only one of these courses may be taken for credit.
- The recommended reading level or skill preparation a student is expected to have in order to succeed in the coursework.
- If an equivalent course is not underlined, it is no longer offered or active.
- Number of times a course may be taken for credit.
- Accounting (ACCT)
- Administration of Justice (AJ)
- Anthropology (ANTH)
- Architecture (ARCH)
- Art (ART)
- Astronomy (ASTR)
- Automotive Technology (AUTO)
- Chemistry (CHEM)
- Child Development (CHLD)
- Chinese (CHIN)
- Communications (COMM)
- Computer Science (CS)
- Cosmetology (COS)
- Counseling (COUN)
- Course Identification Numbering System (C-ID)
- Course Schedule Frequency
- Earth Science (ESCI)
- Economics (ECON)
- Emergency Management (EMER)
- Engineering (ENGR)
- English (ENGL)
- English Second Language (ESL)
- Ethnic Studies (ETHN)
- Mathematics (MATH)
- Medium&Heavy Diesel Truck Tech (MTRK)
- Music-Commercial (MUSC)
- Music-Education (MUSE)
- Music-Performance (MUSP)
- Philosophy (PHIL)
- Photography (PHTO)
- Physics (PHYS)
- Political Science (POLI)
- Psychology (PSY)
- Public Works (PUB)