Certificate in Emerging Theatre Technologies
The Emerging Theatre Technologies (ETT) program is a hands-on, career education program, which develops critical skills in stage lighting, live sound reinforcement, stage technology, live event video and project management. ETT provides both introductory and specific hands-on experience in multiple specialized technical production areas that include theatre, concert touring, theme parks, television and film.
|Fall Semester 1 - Prerequisites:|
|THEA 120||Introduction to Tech for Theatre, TV and Film||3|
|THEA 125||Technical Theatre Production||3|
|THEA 140||Introduction to Lighting for Theatre, Television and Film||3|
|REC 135||Live Sound Reinforcement||4|
|Spring Semester 1 - Required courses:|
|THEA 126||Technical Theatre Technician||3|
|or THEA 226||Concert Touring|
|THEA 145||Anatomy of Intelligent Lighting Instruments||3|
|THEA 150||Introduction to Intelligent Lighting Consoles||3|
|THEA 240||Introduction to Live Video Event Production||3|
|REC 255||Live Sound Workshop||4|
|Summer Semester 1 - Required course:|
|THEA 160||Computer Aided Design for Theatre||4|
|Fall Semester 2 - Required courses:|
|THEA 127||Technical Theatre Crew Lead||3|
|or THEA 227||Concert Touring Technician|
|THEA 245||Stage and Project Management for Theatre, TV and Film||3|
|THEA 255||Entertainment Production for Theme Parks and Themed Environments||2|
|THEA 262||Rigging and Automation for Theatre and Live Events||2|
Certificate of Achievement Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Emerging Theatre Technologies Certificate of Achievement will:
- Increase their ability to speak articulately and listen actively by attending various performance classes and productions, as well as having interactions with faculty and students from other disciplines.
- Develop and expand writing skills to broaden communication abilities.
- Become proficient in technical theatre and computer-aided design (CAD) through in-class utilization of appropriate design software, to gain the ability to make creative and analytical decisions throughout.
- Investigate their personal skill set through research projects, practicum, progressive classroom assignments and varied rehearsal techniques in order to create, evaluate and execute realistic goals.
- Develop a variety of learning strategies through an introduction to various theatrical styles and techniques presented by outside professionals and adjunct professors to increase educational flexibility.
- Interact with audiences of all ages and backgrounds through touring, public, and outreach performances, to internalize the importance of strong community relationships, citizenship and integrity.