Certificate in Construction Inspection
Inspection is a vitally important tool employed by public/private owners and/or agencies to verify construction quality compliance on varying types of construction improvements across multiple trades and disciplines. Certificate courses provide students with a thorough knowledge and application of the construction inspection process. Emphasis is in construction inspection of public building/civil construction contracts, whether it is performed by the owner, consultant or the contractor.
|CM 110||Introduction and Fundamentals of Construction Management||3|
|CM 120||Plans Reading||3|
|CM 140||Vertical and Horizontal Construction||3|
|CM 145||Construction Inspection and Materials Testing||3|
|CM 155||Special Inspection - Reinforced Concrete||3|
|CM 210||Construction Project Safety||2|
Certificate of Achievement Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Construction Inspection Certificate of Achievement will:
- Examine the basic construction management systems and processes employed in the planning, design and construction of building and heavy civil construction.
- Analyze the various supporting functions of the construction inspector within the construction management organization.
- Examine the various contract documents, laws and/or regulations governing the scope of authority of construction inspectors.
- Explore and understand the duties and responsibilities of the construction inspector.
- Analyze the comprehensive inspection reporting and related documents.
- Identify the various opportunities in the construction inspection profession.