A.S. in Real Estate
The Citrus College Real Estate Associate’s Degree in Science provides the educational requirements for the real estate salesperson and broker licenses (issued by the State of California Department of Real Estate).
Coursework prepares students for work in this dynamic profession. Essential success skills are emphasized including: financing, property valuation, sales, law, ethics, and professionalism.
Completion of the program may also provide additional career opportunities and increased earnings potential.
This degree is designed to:
-Prepare students for transfer to four-year institutions by offering real estate-related courses, in addition to those required for the AS-T degree in business administration, that fulfill either transfer or elective requirements for the University of California or other private institutions;
- Ensure that students interested in using the AS in Real Estate as their terminal degree receive sufficient education in real estate-related issues; and/or
- Prepare students for professional careers or otherwise enhance their personal growth. The degree requires completion of 60 semester units.
Students receiving this degree must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the District General Education Pattern, CSUGE or IGETC.
If transferring to a CSU or UC students are strongly recommended to complete the CSUGE or IGETC General Education Patterns. Students looking to transfer to an out of state or private college should consult with a counselor for the appropriate GE pattern selection.
- Complete with a “C” or better each course as specified by the major.
- Maintain an overall GPA of a 2.0 or better in all degree applicable coursework.
- Meet the local area requirement of Kinesiology/Dance.
|REAL 210||Real Estate Principles||3|
|REAL 212||Real Estate Practice||3|
|REAL 214||Real Estate Finance||3|
|REAL 216||Legal Aspects of Real Estate||3|
|REAL 218||Real Estate Appraisal||3|
|or ACCT 101||Financial Accounting|
|or ACCT 101H||Financial Accounting - Honors|
|BUS 130||Introduction to Business||3|
|Select two (2) of the following courses:|
|Business Law and the Legal Environment I||3|
|Real Estate Property Management||3|
A.S. Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Real Estate A.S. Degree will:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the real estate industry and the responsibilities of being an ethical real estate professional.
- Apply the basic principles of California real estate regulations and laws.
- Demonstrate and differentiate best practices in real estate transactions.