A.S. in Digital and Web Design
This program prepares students for employment in digital design careers. The integration of traditional art/design and digital media prepares students for employment opportunities in the areas of advertising, multi-media and marketing graphics.
This degree requires meeting the Citrus College General Education and proficiency requirements combined with successful completion (grades of “C” and above) of the following major requirements:
|ART 111||Beginning Drawing||3|
|ART 120||Two-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 150||Computer Art Basics||3|
|ART 162||Computer Graphics I||3|
|ART 167||Web Design I||3|
|ART 189||Art Portfolio and Resume Production||3|
|Select two (2) of the following courses:|
|Digital Media Productions I||3|
|Commercial Graphic Design||3|
|Digital Media Production II||3|
|Web Design II||3|
A.S. Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Digital and Web Design A.S. Degree will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of digital file formats.
- Demonstrate knowledge of web page layout and build fundamentally sound web pages and sites.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic HTML.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic Photoshop techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic Illustrator techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic Dreamweaver techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of basic InDesign and Quark techniques.
- Develop and build a comprehensive portfolio representing the body of work completed in the program.