ADT in Studio Arts
A.A. Transfer Degree
The Associate in Arts in Studio Arts for Transfer (AA-T), also called the Studio Arts AA-T Degree, prepares students to transfer to CSU campuses that offer bachelor’s degrees in Studio Art. Students earning the Studio Arts AA-T will be granted priority for admission as a Studio Arts major to a local CSU, as determined by the CSU campus to which the student applies.
This transfer degree is designed to prepare students to understand and appreciate various art forms, history and media.
Students receiving this transfer degree must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education - Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
ADTs also require that students must earn a "C" or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis. A “P” (Pass) grade is not an acceptable grade for courses in the major.
|ART 100A||Survey of Western Art from Prehistory through the Middle Ages||3|
|ART 100B||Survey of Western Art from Renaissance to Contemporary||3|
|ART 111||Beginning Drawing||3|
|ART 120||Two-Dimensional Design||3|
|ART 121||Three-Dimensional Design||3|
|Select three (3) of the following courses:|
|Figure Drawing II||3|
|Computer Art Basics||3|
|Intermediate Clay Sculpture||3|
A.A.-Transfer Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Studio Arts A.A.-Transfer Degree will:
- Analyze and create conceptual and formal works of art.
- Communicate visually and verbally using the elements of art and principles of design.
- Evaluate, discuss and create various forms of art within a social, cultural, and aesthetic perspective.