Skill Award in Nurse Assistant
The Nurse Assistant Skill Award prepares the student to work as a certified nurse assistant or acute care nurse aide.
|NRS 101||Nurse Assistant||5|
Skill Award Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Nurse Assistant Skill Award will:
- Communicate in English verbally and in writing using appropriate medical terminology.
- Collect, calculate and interpret observations.
- Develop problem-solving skills and make appropriate decisions regarding a variety of situations.
- Provide culturally specific healthcare to all people.
- Develop the ability to use and adapt to current technologies used in the healthcare setting.
- Provide patient care that falls within the scope of practice as set forth by the California Department of Health Services.