ADT in Kinesiology
The Associate in Arts in Kinesiology for Transfer (AA-T) program is designed to prepare students for CSU transfer to complete a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology, exercise science, physical education, pre-physical therapy, athletic training and other related allied health professions. Interested students may also pursue careers as personal trainers. Students completing this degree are guaranteed admission to the California State University system, although not necessarily to a particular campus or major of choice. Students should consult with a counselor for more information on university admission and transfer requirements as this degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a college or university that is not part of the CSU system.
Students receiving this transfer degree must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education - Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
ADTs also require that students must earn a "C" or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis. A “P” (Pass) grade is not an acceptable grade for courses in the major.
|BIOL 200||Human Anatomy||4|
|BIOL 201||Human Physiology||4|
|KIN 100||Introduction to Kinesiology||3|
|Select three (3) of the following movement based courses with not more than one from each area:|
|Swimming - Beginning||1|
|Swimming - Intermediate/Advanced||1|
|Swimming for Cardiovascular Improvement||1|
|Self-Defense and Personal Safety||1|
|Beginning Modern Dance||1|
|Intermediate Modern Dance I||1|
|Select two (2) of the following courses:|
or CHEM 111
|First-Aid Responding To Emergencies||3|
|College Physics A||4-5|
or PHYS 201
|Physics A: Mechanics|
A.A.-Transfer Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Kinesiology A.A.-Transfer Degree will:
- Exhibit awareness and identify the dimensions of wellness and recognize positive characteristics of each dimension to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Demonstrate competency in fundamental techniques to improve individual sport specific and movement skills.
- Determine current level of fitness.