ADT in Computer Science
This Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) in Computer Science provides students with an understanding of the concepts and practice of code development and problem solving. The degree prepares students for pre-professional careers and for curriculum at four year institutions leading to a baccalaureate degree in Computer Science. Students who complete this degree will be guaranteed admission with junior status to the California State University system and will be given priority admission to our local CSU campus.
Students receiving this transfer degree must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC).
- A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
ADTs also require that students must earn a "C" or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis. A “P” (Pass) grade is not an acceptable grade for courses in the major.
|CS 225||Object Oriented Programming||3|
|CS 232||Programming Concepts and Methodology II||3|
|CS 242||Computer Architecture and Organization||3|
|CS 252||Discrete Structures||3|
|BIOL 124||Molecular and Cellular Biology||5|
|or BIOL 125||Evolution, Ecology & Biodiversity|
|MATH 190||Calculus with Analytic Geometry l||5|
|MATH 191||Calculus with Analytic Geometry ll||5|
|PHYS 201||Physics A: Mechanics||5|
A.S.-Transfer Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Computer Science A.S.-Transfer Degree will:
- Create and debug code for given specifications and write appropriate documentation.
- Create software applications using industry software development tools.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of one or more computer programming languages.
- Communicate effectively orally, in writing and in media.
- Work collaboratively and ethically in teams on projects.