A.S. in Automotive Technology
This program is designed to prepare students who wish to seek employment in the automotive technology industry or qualify for a more responsible position within the field.
Students receiving this degree must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the District General Education Pattern, CSUGE or IGETC.
If transferring to a CSU or UC students are strongly recommended to complete the CSUGE or IGETC General Education Patterns. Students looking to transfer to an out of state or private college should consult with a counselor for the appropriate GE pattern selection.
- Complete with a “C” or better each course as specified by the major.
- Maintain an overall GPA of a 2.0 or better in all degree applicable coursework.
- Meet the local area requirement of Kinesiology/Dance.
|AUTO 151||Engine Service, Diagnosis and Repair||6|
|AUTO 154||Chassis Service, Diagnosis, and Repair||9|
|AUTO 156||Automotive Electrical & Electronic Systems I||5|
|AUTO 162||(Deactivated course pending Chancellor's Office approval.)||8|
|AUTO 166||Automotive Electrical & Electronic Systems II||3.5|
|AUTO 167||Automotive HVAC Service, Diagnosis & Repair||4|
|AUTO 168||Engine Control Systems Service, Diagnosis and Repair||8.5|
|Select four (4) units of the following cooperative courses:|
|Automotive Service and Repair Work Experience A||1|
|Automotive Service and Repair Work Experience B||2|
|Automotive Service and Repair Work Experience C||3|
|Automotive Service and Repair Work Experience D||4|
A.S. Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Automotive Technology A.S. Degree will:
- Acquire skills pertinent to industry level national certification exams in the automotive technology industry.
- Exit the program with a personal/professional commitment to uphold the high standards and uplift the integrity of the automotive technology industry.
- Utilize knowledge acquired in the Automotive Technology program to maximize employment potential in the industry through successful completion of course level outcomes.