Skill Award in Microsoft Office
The Microsoft Office Skill Award is given upon completion of a series of courses that provide the student with mid-level office skills and employment training for positions in the business office environment. In addition to all of the courses required for the Office Clerk Skill Award, the student will take additional courses designed to significantly increase the student’s knowledge and proficiency in professional office responsibilities.
|OFF 120||Microsoft Excel||3|
|OFF 215||Microsoft Outlook||2|
|OFF 285||Administrative Office Procedures||3|
|OFF 294||Microsoft Word||3|
Skill Award Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Microsoft Office Skill Award will:
- Perform all Office Skill Award tasks such as: use e-mail to communicate with others; understand and utilize filing procedures; examine incoming materials and code it numerically; alphabetically or by subject matter; enter data electronically in various storage devices; use electronic calendars; use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation in prepared documents.
- File data on the computer.
- Keyboard and file data on computers as well as access information.
- Keep payroll records and prepare invoices.
- Set up spreadsheets.
- Format letters, memos, tables and reports using current office application program.
- Compose routine letters, memos and e-mail messages.