A.S. in Public Works
These course offerings prepare new personnel for public works occupations and provide upgrading within these occupations. Job opportunities exist in both the public and private sectors.
This degree requires meeting the Citrus College General Education and proficiency requirements combined with successful completion (grades of “C” and above) of the following major requirements:
|PUB 150||Introduction to Public Works||3|
|PUB 151||Street Construction and Maintenance||3|
|PUB 155||Public Works Inspection||3|
|PUB 157||Asphalt and Portland Cement||3|
|PUB 160||Public Administration||3|
|PUB 164||Plan Interpretation and Cost Estimating||3|
|PUB 166||Supervision in Public Works||3|
A.S. Degree Level Student Learning Outcomes
Students completing the Public Works A.S. Degree will:
- Explain how to effectively use resources to administer infrastructure maintenance.
- Describe and explain the fundamentals of street maintenance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of equipment and techniques used for street maintenance.
- Explain preventative methods and materials, emphasizing the importance of the need for longevity, in street construction and maintenance.
- Properly demonstrate a clear understanding of inspection records, duties, and job diary techniques.
- Describe and explain the ability to read and interpret plans.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of codes and ordinances.