Emergency Medical Technician
|Name||Office Room Number||Phone|
|Hadsell, Clifford||TC firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Natural, Physical and Health Sciences
- Salima Allahbachayo (Health Sciences Director)
- Administrative Secretary
- Stefanie Fuentes
- Division Office
- PC 204
- Division Phone Number
- Discipline Website
This discipline prepares students to do the following:
- Use correct medical terminology and nomenclature in the correct context in order to effectively communicate health/medical information and concepts to others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical responsibilities of EMS and other healthcare providers.
- Calculate various I.V. drip rates for patients undergoing I.V. therapy.
- Develop problem solving and self-assessment skills and make appropriate decisions regarding a variety of procedural situations.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of common medical emergencies related to various body systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with patients and work effectively as a member of the emergency medical services team.
- Discuss various EMS systems both local/state and international.
- Develop the ability to use and adapt to current technology used in emergency medical services practices.
- Demonstrate understanding of administering patient prescribed drugs to patients.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the current duties of an EMT, practicing within scope of practice.